By visiting this Site, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Statement you should not use this Site.
What personal information do we collect?
We retain two types of information:
1 Personal Data
This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your first name, surname, email address and telephone number. This information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us, for example, by using the Contact Us pages on the Site or by emailing us directly. Any information provided in this way is not made available to any third parties and is used by us only in line with the purpose for which you provided it.
2 Non-Personal Data
Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our Site. This Non-Personal Data comprises of information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our Site.
TAB Taxation Services Ltd & TAB Financial Services Ltd. use anonymous analytical software to collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of this website. This data and information is detailed below:
- Information that visitors provide to us as a result of subscribing to our newsletter or purchasing our publications
- Information provided to us when visitors to our website communicate with us electronically for any reason.
We monitor and log IP information from all visitors to the website including – but not limited to – traffic data, location data and other communication data. This information does not contain any personal details of visitors to the website and is stored and accessed strictly for statistical purposes.
How do we use your information?
3 Personal Data
We may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To contact you to respond to any communications you might send to us or to meet our contractual obligations to you.
- To provide you with information relating to our website, products or our services that you request from us.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, including improvements, and service or product changes that may affect our website.
4 Non-Personal Data
We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our Site in an aggregate form to:
- Gain a better understanding of where our visitors come from and what technology is used to access the Site;
- Learn more about the number of visitors to the Site, traffic patterns and visitor behaviours on our Site; and
- Help us improve design and navigation of the Site and ensure content is relevant and useful to visitors.
Where you have consented to the sharing of your information with third parties, we will do so in accordance with below.
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user access the information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Payments made on our website are done through PayPal. We do not retain customer payment information on our website. You can read PayPal security policy here.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
Third Parties Disclosure
We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required to fulfil a request you have made or contract that you have entered into. Where appropriate, Personal Data may also be processed by our service providers in which case we will take steps to ensure that the processing complies with applicable data protection and confidentiality laws. We will also disclose your Personal Data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order or other statutory or legal requirement.
We may provide Non-Personal Data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our Site. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our Site, the demographic breakdown of our community users of our Site or the activities that visitors to our Site engage in while on our Site. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include web developers, server providers, providers of advertising services (including website tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties.
Our Site contains links to and from other websites. Where our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
You have a number of rights regarding access to and control of your Personal Data, including:
- Right of Access:You have the right to ascertain what type of Personal Data we hold about you and to a copy of this Personal Data.
- Right to Complain:You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of your Personal Data to the Data Protection Commission.
- Right to Erasure:In certain circumstances you may request that we delete the Personal Data that we hold on you.
- Right to Object:Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your Personal Data, you have a right to object to this use. We will desist from processing your personal information unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate interest in the continued processing.
- Right to Portability: You may request us to provide you with certain Personal Data which you have given us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may request us to transmit your Personal Data directly to another data controller where this is technically feasible.
- Right to Rectification:You have the right to have any inaccurate Personal Data which we hold about you updated or corrected.
- Right to Restriction:You have the right to request that we stop using your Personal Data in certain circumstances including if you believe that the Personal Data we hold about you is inaccurate or that our use of your Personal Data is unlawful. If you validly exercise this right, we will store your Personal Data and will not carry out any other processing until the issue is resolved.
- Please bear in mind that your rights in relation to your Personal Data are not absolute and that we must be cognisant of our legal and regulatory obligations and our duties.
- You can exercise your rights in relation to your Personal Data by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We may request that you provide proof of your identity for security reasons and in order to prevent the unauthorised disclosure or misuse of Personal Data. We will only charge you for requests to access your Personal Data where they are unreasonable, unfounded or excessive. If, after contacting us, you are still not satisfied with our response, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission. Please see dataprotection.ie for further information.
Should a data breach occur we will notify you by email within 7 business day.
Changes to this statement
We may amend this Statement on occasion, in whole or part, at our sole discretion. Any changes will be effective immediately. You should check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they will be binding on you.
23rd May 2018